This ministry is responsible for upkeep, maintenance and repair of the church property that includes two buildings, two cemeteries and close to 7 acres of land. Our sanctuary building was completed in 2017 and the church office building was built in 1835. Phase 1 repairs have just recently been completed on the office building and awaits Phase 2 repairs relating to new windows with some framing, and attention to the porch cement.
Even though the sanctuary building is new, our network, computer power and camera have just recently been upgraded to provide a higher quality live streaming of our worship services resulting in a noticeable improvement. Improving our limited storage is planned soon. An upgrade to provide better lighting of the choir area is a future project. Security upgrades to the church office and sanctuary building have recently been added to continue the established medical and safety programs
Irrigation has been added to the rose garden so that most of our landscaping is now irrigated.
The Old Six Mile Cemetery, on Henry Harris Road, dates back to 1790. Repairs and maintenance have been spearheaded by Jerry Marcus and the American Legion Post 250. Improvements on the New Six Mile Creek Cemetery, which dates back to 1825, located near our buildings is being done primarily by our members and will require some professional assistance with some of the remaining work. A Columbarium and cross have recently been installed and landscaping is in progress. The cemetery crypts have been repaired. Improvements in road access and gravestone repair are still off in the future.
Building & Grounds does more than mentioned here to help keep our property well maintained. This requires many helping hands. This ministry uses the talents and time of members being stewards of God’s gifts.